Frequently Asked Questions
What is CareMedica Elite?
CareMedica Elite is a brand new, exclusive membership Program that is designed to deliver the best world-class medical and lifestyle services and products to its members. With extended and relaxed face-to face doctor interaction, advanced testing, virtual visits and much more, CareMedica Elite clients enjoy the flexibility and all the resources they require to achieve optimal health and a truly fulfilling life.
How does the Membership Program work?
In stark contrast to traditional medicine, the added value of the CareMedica Elite model is the promotion and creation of a strongly proactive and totally patient-engaging experience. Its expert, board-certified physicians and their highly-skilled clinical coordination executive team are able to focus on the needs of their patients, becoming their trusted partners for all of their health and wellness needs. Patients that wish to enroll in the Program and be under their care will subscribe to the membership for a monthly or annual fee. This fee is in addition to regular insurance coverage.
How do I benefit from joining this membership?
CareMedica Elite members enjoy a level of service that is truly impressive and absolutely unmatched in the traditional medical industry.
The exclusive benefits clients will enjoy include, among many others:
- A highly trained clinical executive assistant who coordinates all of their healthcare needs
- 24/7 access to a personal care team and, if required, to a physician via text, phone, email and/or video
- Exclusive access to a brand new, luxurious and state-of-the-art executive medical office
- Stress-free environment with upscale lounge and available food presentations throughout the day
- Scheduled longer appointments with their physician of choice, with no rush or waiting
- Annual Executive/Lifestyle physical exam (includes many items not covered by health insurance)
- Exclusive and expedited access to a dedicated CareMedica Elite “Urgent Care Center”, also providing on-site specialized testing and lab drawing
- Accelerated access to a preferred network of Yale-affiliated specialists
- Access to a secure patient portal for lab results, enhanced patient communications and more
- Personalized medical-IT package with coaching and ongoing support
- Yearly Nutritional assessment, with available coaching and follow-up
- Advanced Wellness/Lifestyle assessment and available ongoing health and transformational coaching
- Available Fitness assessment, personal coaching and follow-up
- Advanced emergency and acute care coordination
- Annual Total Body Composition Analysis with GE iDexa scan and available periodic follow-up
- Supply of essential AmericanMedica vitamins and supplements
- LaserMedica aesthetics consultation services and product discounts
- Exclusive discounts on AmericanMedica, LaserMedica and WeightMedica products
- Medically relevant gifts and devices for complete connectivity and patient engagement
- Exclusive and lifestyle-themed seminars, classes and retreats
Am I too young/too old to benefit from this Program?
Absolutely not! The CareMedica Elite Program is highly personalized and tailored to each member’s needs and desires. In all actuality, no two CareMedica Elite Programs are similar. You will find that all of our services, initiatives and products are amazingly customized to fit all of your specific health and lifestyle goals.
What type of Memberships are available?
In addition to the initial “Blue” membership, CareMedica Elite will offer a number of higher and increasingly more exclusive level tiers, including “Gold”, “Platinum” and “International”.
A number of different payment options are available. Our Membership Director can speak with you personally to find a solution that uniquely suits your needs.
How do the membership fees compare to other “Concierge” medical practices?
As a unique, very sophisticated and much more resource-filled program, CareMedica Elite operations require a much greater and sustained investment than traditional Concierge medical practices. Yet, since our goal is to make the program fee affordable for our patients and their families, clients will find the value they receive far exceeds all of their expectations and the fees generally lower than those of “mainstream” concierge medicine practices.
What if, after signing up for the membership, I change my mind?
We are absolutely confident that you will find our Program greatly beneficial and invaluable. You can try the service without any long-term commitment, and given the demand, it’ s smart to sign up right now. There is a minimum enrollment of 6 months of membership.
When do I pay the membership fee?
We offer two payment options: monthly or annually. You will not be charged until your membership begins. Should you elect to pay monthly, Membership fees are charged on the 1st or the 15th of each month.
How many patients is my doctor planning to take on with this membership model?
CareMedica Elite physicians will only care for a limited number of patients: 250 on average and never more than 500.
Will I be able to have house calls?
House calls are not considered part of the membership service. However, your care team will work closely with you, and it will be readily accessible to you whenever you need specialized care.
What happens when my doctor is away?
Your doctor will have on-call coverage with other CareMedica Elite physicians, so that if an urgent need arises, you’ll still get the quality care your membership qualifies you for.
How does the membership fee work with my HSA/FSA?
You should check with your individual insurance provider/ benefits administrator.
Is membership tax-deductible?
You should check with your accountant/tax advisor.
Will the price change next year?
It is unlikely that the annual fee will change over the next three years. The membership fee is designed to be affordable for most people, and sustainable for the practice in the long-term.
Is this a replacement to insurance?
No, this is not a replacement for insurance. The Membership fee was designed to cover all of the included services not typically covered by insurance companies.